In the fervent quest to do more for kogites in terms of infrastructural development as captured under capital projects in the 2021 appropriation law, H.E Governor Yahaya Adoza Bello has approved the release of the sum of N3,980,000,000 to implement projects in the first quarter as provided for in the budget.
His Excellency as a detribalised Leader, spread the projects across the three senatorial Districts, which answers to the expedient need of the people and they are as follows.
1. Construction of Idah/Ajaka, Ejule and Anyigba junction roads which was awarded to Messrs Tech.Engineering Construction Company was paid the sum of Three Hundred and fifty Million Naira Only to enable the roads to be completed as scheduled.
2. The construction of Kabba Township Roads awarded to Messrs CCECC Nig Ltd. The sum of Three Hundred and Seventy Seven Million, Six Hundred Thousand Naira Only was released to the company as mobilisation fund.
3. For the Construction of Ganaja Fly Over Bridge awarded to Messrs Tech Enginnering Construction Company , the sum of One Billion,Three Hundred Million Naira Only was released to the company.
4. Renovation of stores at the College of Health Sciences and Technology Idah, awarded to Togo Nig Ltd at the sum of Twenty Three million,Three Hundred Thousand Naira Only.
5. Completion/Construction of the Okene Township Roads
Awarded to Messrs Power Hills Construction Company. The sum of One Billion, Seven Hundred and fFfty Two Million naira only was released for the completion of various roads in Kogi Central.
Also the sum of One Hundred and Seventy Seven million was released to Bureau of Land and Urban Developments for compensation to lands and properties owners along Ganaja and its environs.
It’s our hope that more capital projects as enshrined in the budget will be implemented in first and second quarter premised on how improved the economy of the state vis-a-vis the availability of resources.
Mukadam Asiwaju Asiru Idris, FCA
Hon Commisioner of Finance,Budget and Economic Planning.
26th January 2021