In the part two of my series , I had stated that I was going to list of the projects of Yahaya Bello to further buttress my point.
I will only be listing the projects as a more graphical presentation of the projects are currently being compiled into a more detailed work.
In other to ascertain that these projects were done by the governor, I met with the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Onogwu Mohammed Galacticus for a chat in Abuja where he further validated my earlier claims on the first two series of this work. I will give a run down of the projects of the governor below:
For those who have sent me private messages after reading my first two series and are asking about the achievements of His Excellency Governor Yahaya Bello over the five years in office, I respect your courage because that same courage made me put down this unpopular opinion.
Below are the list of key achievements of Governor Yahaya Bello:
The Projects done and ongoing across state are as follows:
1. Rehabilitation and new construction at Government house lokoja.
2. Security: Over 200 patrol vehicles acquired and donated to security agencies, police, army, civil defense, navy, road safety and state vigilantes
3. Completion of Okone township within one year in office.
4.New structures for the ministries and Agencies;
– KGIRS Office Complex,
– SDG Office Complex,
– Graphic Office Complex,
– Ministry of Transport Office Complex,
– Ministry of Justice Complex,
– Rehabilitation of House of Assembly Complex.
– New construction for SSG Qtrs completed.
5.Over 350 GYB Model primary school blocks constructed across the state.
6. Rehabilitation of road within Army Barracks.
7.Electrification projects from lokoja, Banda to Korto Karfe.
8.Construction of Ife Olukotun ongoing.
9. Omi Rice factory completed in Osara
10.Construction of road from Ibana, okpo, ogugu to ette almost at the completion.
11. Ankpa township road completed and commisioned .
12.Ankpa to Abejukolo road projects awarded and ongoing
13.Abejukolo electrification projects completed.
14. Electrification of Ogbabo, Araba, Emewe, Abocho with about 16 other communities
15.Ejule, umomi, ugwolawo, Ajaka to idah road project. Almost at the
16. Operation light Kogi East comprises of nine local government is ongoing vigorously.
17.provision of class rooms and Administatives block at school of health idah.
18. Rehabilitation and new construction of hostel at school of Nursing obangede in okehi LG.
19. Construction of Eiyika-Itakpe-Okene Road completed and commissioned.
20. Construction of Obehira, Ihima to obangede road ongoing.
21. Construction of Ipaku, Adavi Uvete and Inorere road
22. Agassa Okene road Almost completed.
23. Various Okene township roads ongoing.
24. Ogori mangogo electrification projects completed and commissioned.
25. Rehabilitation of Okene water works with Recreational Centre ongoing.
26. Provision of over 200 boreholes across the state.
27. Provision of over 300 new transformers across the state.
28. Award of Five Reference and General Hospitals across the three Senetorial Districts in Kogi State.
Some of the projects are ongoing already
29. Construction of Administrative Office Complex and Renovation of Specialist Hospital Lokoja is ongoing.
30. 11 heavy duty machines for Miinistry of Work and Housing.
Such as bulldozer, payloader, grader other essential construction machines.
31.GYB model hospital in Gegu beki kogi LG.
32.Confluence of science and technology osara.
33. Remodeling and rehabilitation of kogi hotel, inherited project.
34. Building of a world class specialist Hospital in Okene
45. Kogi State University of Science and Technology, Osara
Robert Arome, Anthony Shaibu and I visited the ricemill in Osara. I saw equipments of world standard. Let me conclude by saying that my opinion on Kogi is unpopular but it is my truth..